THE RIDE 2021
Riding 27th – 28th March with entries opening soon!
Limited to 500 riders.
Waiau Trail Ride is an exciting weekend for competent riders of off road motorcycles and ATVs (no passengers). No Side by Sides.
- Children under 15 years MUST BE ACCOMPANIED by a guardian throughout the ride.
- Courses are challenging and set over steep, scenic farmland (enduro deviations included) and are very demanding on rider and machine.
- The tracks have numerous hazards there are rivers, tree stumps, possible farm stock, rocks or obstacles hidden in grass, under runners, old fences, wire, posts and most importantly other riders.
- An approved safety helmet and spark arrestors are compulsory.
- Spark Arrestors are ESSENTIAL on our ride. No spark arrestor – no ride!
- Recommended Gear – Appropriate Boots – (Gumboots or gym shoes are not acceptable footwear) Gloves, Water Bottle, Clothing appropriate for all weather conditions, Fire Extinguisher (optional). We also strongly recommend protective safety clothing such as body armor, neck brace, goggles, knee pads, kidney belt, long sleeved tops, and long, strong trousers.
- The venues will be well signposted from the Waiau township each day.
- (No pee-wee tracks available).
- Bikes must be mechanically safe and sound, knobbly tyres essential (if wet clay).
- Bikes must be clean to protect our environment and the spread of disease, especially clear of all seed material and any river matter.
- Registration opens each morning at 8am
- Track opens 9.00am. Closes 3pm.
- Continuous loop tracks (all subject to conditions on the day).
- Provide own fuel – no refuelling stops.
- Loop tracks up to 45km long.
COST for Event:
Our trailride will be $60 er day or $120 for both days (not including lunch). The price covers a large per rider donation to St John who is onsite. We also offer a payment to the landowners for their involvement and use of their land. Without them being so generous we wouldn’t be able to raise the money we do to support the education of our children, as in today’s environment not all costs are covered by the Ministry of Education.
Food available to purchase :
Pre paid lunches are available. Please select lunch options on our entry form.
Saturday – 2 Meat Pattie and Coleslaw Burgers $10 / Sunday – 2 BLT Bacon Butties in a Fresh Ciabatta Bun $10 (Gluten Free option available). Both days will include a chocolate bar and packet of chips.
2021 Info & Venue:
All prices includes donation to the Amuri St Johns. A donation to the Westpac Helicopter and the Landowners get a percentage of money per rider.
Saturday Course – Course Change Hossack Downs Farm
Saturday’s ride starts by navigating through river terrace country climbing up to open hill country and native bush with great views of the Amuri Basin.
This course will start at Hossack Downs Farm Woolshed. Hossack Downs Road, Waiau
Sunday Course – Mt Highfield / Keinton Combe/ Glenbourne.
A track that covers challenging hill country riding starting in the mason river valley climbing through diverse farmland.
The course will start at Chaffey’s Road, Waiau ~ the same starting point as our August ride covering 3 neighbouring farms.
Two amazing new courses!
Directions to course car parks will be well signposted from Waiau. Both courses approximately 10mins from Waiau township.